Wednesday 22 June 2011

Steven Spielberg ordered the axing of Fox from TF3




Picture courtsey of mariosp at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mariosp/
Steven Spielberg, who is the executive producer of Transormers 3, ordered that the makers of the film fire Megan Fox, because she misbehaved on set and compared director, Michael Bay, with Nazi leader Adolf Hitler.

Yahoo! Movies reported on Wednesday:

According to a "new Michael Bay oral history in GQ, Bay says Fox was booted by the direct order of Sir Spielbergo (who helped produce the movie)".

"She was in a different world, on her BlackBerry. You gotta stay focused. And you know, the Hitler thing. Steven [Spielberg] said, 'Fire her right now.'"

Fox probably thought Bay ran his movie sets like Hitler would have, which did not sit well with Spielberg.

But I think Fox should play by Bay's rules. She would have earned a ton of money for the film. Unless, he made her life unbearable and was extremely sexist or sexually harassed, what would she have to complain about?

As for how Bay felt about Fox's comments, he said:

"I wasn't hurt, because I know that's just Megan. Megan loves to get a response. And she does it in kind of the wrong way. I'm sorry, Megan. I'm sorry I made you work twelve hours. I'm sorry that I'm making you show up on time. Movies are not always warm and fuzzy"

When I began this post, I thought maybe I should abbreviate Transformers 3 to T3. However, then I realised that T3 would refer to Terminator 3. The Terminator series was decent although the third film was poor. Let's hope that Transformers 3 is far better.

It may be; Fox was replaced by Rosie Huntington-Whitely, a British model-come-actress, who I have been excited to see more of for months.

Here she is:



Alistair Anderson

No comments: