Wednesday 20 April 2011

Remember The Drive-In?



When was the last time you went to the drive-in? It’s quite sad to see that this way of watching movies is becoming forgotten about.

I quite enjoy going to the drive-in and often wonder why I don’t go more often. I think I just seem to forget about it as an option, and generally only seem to remember it in winter when it is probably not the best time to go.


The drive-in is always showing two of the latest movies on the circuit and generally shows two movies of different genres so if you go with a group of people it is likely that everyone will enjoy at least one of the movies. It is also cheaper than going to the cinema. If I can remember correctly, the last time I went it was R60 a car, which if you have four people in the car or even just two works out cheaper than a ticket at the cinema.


You are not restricted to buying their refreshments and can take your own little picnic with all your favourite goodies. If you have a comfortable car you can get very cosy with blankets and pillows and watch the movie in complete comfort.


I think some time over this Easter holiday period I’m going to go off to the drive-in loaded with blankets, pillows, hot chocolate, popcorn and my favourite people. It’s not time for the drive-in to be forgotten about!

No comments: