Wednesday 27 April 2011

Can We Handle Another Ice Age?




The first Ice Age was hilarious; I was still quite young when it came out so obviously it became my favourite movie which I watched at least 10 times (no joke). I loved all the characters and knew all the funny lines off by heart....ok almost ALL the lines actually. The fourth Ice Age is due to come out next year and I’m afraid they are going to ruin my childhood favourite.

On Tuesday the cast for Ice Age: Continental Drift was announced by 20th Century Fox. Hollywood Reporter states that new cast members include Jeremy Renner, Wanda Sykes, Keke Palmer and Jennifer Lopez. The old cast members to return again are Ray Romano, Queen Latifah, Denis Leary, John Leguizamo, Seann William Scott and Josh Peck.

The first three Ice Age films have grossed nearly $2 billion at the worldwide box office. These films put Fox and partner Blue Sky Studios in the animation game. They are obviously hoping that the fourth instalment will better this profit. I feel that they are holding on to their first baby and by not letting it go will end up ruining it.

In this film Renner will play Gutt, who is the master of the high seas. Lopez will play Shira, a sabre tooth who melts the heart of Diego, the well known sabre toothed tiger. Hopefully they will try adding some interesting and entertaining story lines.

I’m not sure yet if I will be going to the theatres to watch this one, which is set to be released on 13 July 2012. I want to keep the original Ice Age image that I have intact and not get let down by the newer versions.

No comments: