Tuesday 3 May 2011

Top 5 Musicals



Today I have decided to list my top five musical films of all time, well what I have seen anyway. I am not the hugest musical film fan; I usually feel that the singing just gets a bit too much after the first 45 minutes. So these are the five musicals that I could handle, and that other non-musical fans could possibly also handle.

1. The Lion King (1994)– who hasn’t watched The Lion King and not enjoyed it? If those characters didn’t tug at your soft spot then you could have a heart of steel. The most famous song in this film is ‘Hakunamata’ ,and it will get me singing along every time.


2. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (2005) – this could possibly be for my love of Roald Dahl’s books from my childhood days. I am talking about Tim Burton’s version of this film with Johnny Depp. I loved Johnny Depp in this film and the Umpa Lumpas were exactly how I pictured them while reading the book.


3. Moulin Rouge (2005) – this is a typical film that most girls love to watch over and over. It’s a love story, with dancing and singing – what more do we need?

4. Chicago (2002) - this film seemed more ‘badass’ compared to other musicals. It is full of glitz and glam, but is about two jailed murderesses. I loved the dancing and outfits and left me feeling a sense of woman power after watching it.

5. Grease (1978) – of course Grease had to make an appearance on this list. It is one of the most famous musicals in my opinion. It is an old favourite and the songs are still be played and we still sing along and do the dance. The ‘Grease Lightening’ song often gets played at parties and clubs and the dance floor goes crazy.

No comments: