Thursday 19 May 2011

Box Office Preview: 19-05-2011



Welcome to our weekly preview of all the latest films that will be opening in local cinemas this weekend. Our duty is to inform you on what to see and what to avoid so that you don't spend your hard earned money on duds that should've never been given the production greenlight in the first place. Check out the full list of new releases after the jump.


Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides



I've never been a fan of these films and judging by this trailer I'm not going to start with this instalment. It looks exactly the same as all the previous films in the series which is probably a good thing for the fans but most certainly is not going to win over any new fans.

Roepman



I must apologise that I couldn't find a version of this trailer with English subtitles. With that said, I'm all for supporting local films so I urge everyone to check it out though.

Season Of The Witch



This just about confirms Nicolas Cage's status as the world's number 1 B-Movie actor. I'll pass and so should you.

My Words, My Lies, My Love



Here's another trailer without English subtitles! However I'm sure you can pretty much figure out what's going on here just by watching the actors' body language and facial expressions and I must say this looks as cheesy as any romcom that Hollywood can come up. Basically, having seen the trailer with English subtitles at cinema nouveau last week, I can assure you that you're not missing out on much.

No comments: