Saturday 16 July 2011

The Bang Bang Club - dull premiere



I went to the permiere of the co-South African - co-Canadian produced "The Bang Bang Club" this week.

The movie is based on the stories of four South African photographers who took photos of much of the violence in 180s South Africa.

It is based on a book about them but I ofund the film played to emotions and lacked believability.

A more in depth review of the film may be published on this blog in the near future.

I will say that I found the actual premiere boring. There were none of the international stars and the public, which was invited to attend, by paying R70 each, seemed confused. As far as celebrities go, I think I saw Elana Afrika there. Apparently, the Clegg family also counts. But where were all of the movie celebs?

Next time a movie is filmed in SA or with SA people, let's hope the industry is better represented.

Alistair Anderson

No comments: