Tuesday 16 November 2010

Moustaches in film

In the spirit of Movember, over the last few weeks, I have been studying moustaches and their place in society.
Film is a way through which we entertain ourselves but also a reflection of how we; society behaves. So, it should come as no surprise that moustaches have played a very important role in film.

Before I go further - some of you may not know what Movember actually is. Born in Australia, it is a campaign dedicated to grow moustaches for cancer charities - most specifically testicular cancer ones. Thus, blokes are growing tashes all month. While some people think they look like paedophiles, I think they look like ubermensches. Although, I'm growing a moustache myself.

So here is a list of mo bros from film:

Charles Bronson
Robert Redford
Brad Pitt
George Clooney
The cast of Anchorman - The Legend of Ron Burgundy
Clint Eastwood
Lee Marvin

I could go on.

Expect more Movember-related posts soon

Alistair Anderson

No comments: